Tungsten boride, also known as black powder, has the following physical properties: a molecular form WB2, metal conductivity with a soluble solution in aqua regia. Purity>99%
Particle size range: 10-20um
About Tungsten Boride WB2:
Tungsten-boride, is a mixture of tungsten with boron. They are characterized by their high hardness. Vickers hardness is 20GPa of WB or diboride tungsten WB2 and 30GPa of WB4 for loads greater than 3N.
Tungsten boride density is 10.77 and tungsten boride melting point is about 2900degC. It is not a degrader of water, but can degrade aqua regina.
It is made by heating boron-tungsten powders to high temperatures.
Tungsten-boride possesses comprehensive properties including high melting points, high hardness, and chemical stability. It is a superhard, high melting-point material. This material is important for the military as it's bulletproof.
The rich phase diagrams of tungsten-alloys and the structure of the different phases have been changing for more than fifty years.
The highest boride (WB4) has a three-dimensional grid of boron molecules. We combine the thermodynamics stability with the principal calculation and then study the thermodynamics stability and mechanical properties.
The highest boron to identify tungsten must be WB3, composed of plane boron molecules in two dimensions, and not WB4, which is composed of grids of three-dimensional boron molecules. It was discovered that the borate tungsten system's shear modulus transformed the energy of its formation. It was found that mechanical properties were closely related to thermodynamic stability.
A high temperature and pressure sintering process is used to achieve the dense tungsten-diboride due to WB2's free diffusion coefficient. This reduces the amount of tungsten diboride and increases its cost.
The boron content in tungsten powder is not known, so it's difficult to make WB2 from tungsten or boron powder.
The process can also lead to the formation of hypoborate and a compacted bulk material containing WB2 cannot be produced.
Please send us an email to receive the most recent tungsten boride price if you are interested in buying Tungsten Boride tungsten boride bulk.
How is Tungsten Boride WB2 produced?
1. After mixing and grinding the raw materials tungsten and boran, heat them and react above 1400°C to obtain tungsten boreide. Continue the reaction to form W2B. Cool and crush this product.
2. Tungsten is combined with stoichiometric powder boron at a molar ration of W:B=2 to 1, and sintered under vacuum or in an argon atmosphere between 1200degC and 1300degC, to produce two tungsten bore.
3. Use the solid-phase method. Tungsten boride can be prepared by combining metal tungsten with boron. The reaction formula can be found below. The stoichiometric metal powder tungsten is mixed with elemental boron, then ground and molded. It is heated and reacted above 1400degC in order to produce tungsten Boride. Continue the reaction, resulting in W2B. The product is obtained by cooling and crushing the W2B.
Tungsten boride WB2 powder Feature
Tungsten boride powder Molecular formula: WB2
Tungsten boride powder CAS NO:12007-09-9
Tungsten boride powder density:10.77g/cm3
Tungsten boride powder melting point:2900
Tungsten Boride powder Solubility & Stability
It does not dissolve in water. 100 can be decomposed by chlorine gas.
Tungsten boride powder Purity: >99%
Tungsten boride powder Particle size: 10-20um
Application of Tungsten Boride - WB2
Wear-resistant layer for wear parts.
WB compounds exhibit high melting points, high hardness, good conductivity, high temperature resistance and corrosion resistant. The compounds are also used for structural materials, wear resistant materials, and electrodes. Materials and many other fields. Tungsten boride can be produced through the reaction between metal tungsten (metal tungsten) and element boron heated in an electric oven. It has excellent properties and broad future application prospects.
1) Prepare the workpiece with the tungsten rich coating. This includes a workpiece base, a tungsten layer and a gradient layer of tungsten.
2) To produce a hard material from tungsten biboride, this method uses a mechanochemical process to synthesize the tungsten triboride powder in argon, using high-purity W and B powders as raw materials. This method is able to obtain compact tungsten-diboride-bulk material by sintering at normal temperatures and pressure. The prepared tungsten Diboride Bulk Material has several excellent properties including good stability, hardness and neutron absorption. It can be used for a wide variety of purposes, including cutting tools, corrosion-resistant material, and new shielding materials.
Tungsten Boride Powder:
As the dampness will affect the WB2 dispersion, performance, and effects of using, it is recommended that tungsten Boride WB2 be stored in a dry and cool room. WB2 powder must also not be exposed to stress.
Packing & Shipping tungsten boride powder WB2:
The quantity of WB2 powder and the type of packing we use will determine which one is best for you.
Tungsten boride powder WB2 packing: Vacuum packaging, 100g,500g or 1kg/bag; 25kg/barrel. Or as per your request.
Tungsten boride powder WB2 shipping: Could be shipped by sea or air.
Technology Co. Ltd., () is an established global chemical material manufacturer and supplier with over 12 years' experience in the production of high-quality Nanomaterials. This includes boride powders, nitride particles, graphite particles, sulfide particles, 3D printing materials, etc.
You can contact us to send a request for high-quality Tungsten Boride Powder. (firstname.lastname@example.org)