What is Magnesium Nitride
If you are looking for high-quality products, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry, email: email@example.com
What is Magnesium Nitride?
Magnesium Nitride, is an inorganic substance with the chemical formula Mg3N2. It's part a quantum system of cubic crystals. At low temperatures, pure magnesium Nitride is a yellow-green or green powder, but magnesium nitride containing some magnesium oxide impurities is grayish white.
The Molar mass of magnesium Nitride is 100.95g/mol. Their density stands at 2.712g/cm3. Magnesium Nitride is completely dissolvable in water and acid however, it is partially dissolvable in both ethanol and ether.
The melting point of magnesium is 1500 degrees. Magnesium Nitride, as with many metal nitrides, reacts with water to make ammonia. Commonly used as a catalyst. React with acid and aqueous nonmetallic oxides , forming ammonium salts and magnesium salts.
Magnesium Nitride is a natural ceramic nature. Magnesium nitride exhibits high corrosion resistance and greatly enhances production efficiency. Magnesium has high thermal conductivity, aswell as high corrosion resistance and resistance to temperature. Magnesium nitride also has a great importance due to its usage as a catalyst synthesis of boron nitrogen.
What is Magnesium Nitride used for?
1. Use as a catalyst to you are preparing the nitride of other elements that have high hardness as well as high thermal conductivity, corrosion resistance, wear resistance and extremely high resistance to temperature. The first successful synthesis of cubic boron nitride it was the catalyst that was used, magnesium Nitride.
2. Used for high strength steel alloys for smelting. Magnesium nitride (Mg3N2) is a substitute for desulphurized magnesium used in construction steel in smelting. This helps to increase the density, strength of the steel, as well as the tension and bearing force of steel. In addition, using of magnesium nitride (Mg3N2) de-sulfurization can reduce the quantity of other additives, which can help decrease the cost of production of construction steel.
3. Utilized to make special ceramic materials;
4. for the manufacture of a particular alloy foaming agent
5. To make special glass
6. Catalytic polymer crosslinking
7. To recycle radioactive waste
How to Make Magnesium Nitride?
Presently, the major methods for making magnesium nitride comprises direct reaction method for magnesium powder using nitrogen, the reaction method of magnesium with nitrogen within nitrogen plasma flow in the form of a magnesium coil explosion in nitrogen atmosphere the low pressure chemical gas complementary product method, self-propagating high temperature synthesis method nano magnesium nitride method of synthesis for example.
Recently, G. Soto et al. prepared amorphous magnesium nitride films with different Mg:N ratios on Si substrates in a nitrogen-based molecular environment using Laser pulse deposition. These methods restrict the industrial production of these films due to high cost, long process complex operation of equipment or low yields of magnesium oxide.
Although the direct reaction between magnesium powder and nitrogen can have commercial value, the manufacture of magnesium nitride requires higher reaction temperature and longer response time. In addition, the shape of the powder is insufficient and easy to agglomerate, which isn't able to meet standards of industrial quality. It is possible to decompose NH3 into Nwith broken bonds more easily than N2, and H2 decomposed may block the formation of MgO. Therefore, ammonia gas can be used as a nitrogen source. Chen Faqin et al. used liquid ammonia as nitrogen source for the preparation of magnesium nitride in the form of powder via direct the nitriding process of magnesium powder. The following conclusions can be drawn: Through thermodynamic study, liquid ammonia might react with magnesium powder quicker than nitrogen and produce magnesium nitride. Premium magnesium nitride in excellent purity and uniform particles can be made at 600 and ammonia pressure for 1 hour. Then, it's heated to 800, ammonia flow rate of 500ml/min and an nitriding duration of 1h.
Magnesium Nitride Mg3N2 Powder Provider
We are a respected chemical material supplier worldwide and manufacturer that has more than 12 years' experience providing high-end chemicals and nanomaterials, including silicon powder graphite , zinc sulfide calcium nitride, 3D printing powder, etc.
If you're interested in top-quality Mg3N2 powder then please call us or send us an inquiry. (firstname.lastname@example.org)