About Bismuth Oxide Bi2O3 powder:
Bismuth trioxide (bismuth oxide) is an inorganic compound with the molecular formula Bi2O3. Pure products are type α, type β and type δ. The α type is a yellow monoclinic crystal with a relative density of 8.9 and a melting point of 825 ℃, soluble in acid but insoluble in water and alkali.β-type is bright yellow to orange, intragenic, relative density 8.55, melting point 860 ℃, soluble in acid, insoluble in water. It is easily reduced to bismuth metal by hydrogen and hydrocarbons.δ-Bi2O3 is a special material with a cubic fluorite structure and 1/4 of the oxygen ion position in the lattice is vacant, so it has very high oxygen ion conductivity. The main application objects of bismuth oxide are electronic ceramic powder materials, electrolyte materials, photoelectric materials, high-temperature superconducting materials and catalysts. Bismuth oxide is an important additive in electronic ceramic powder materials, purity is generally required to be above 99.15%, the main application objects are zinc oxide varistor, ceramic capacitor, ferrite magnetic materials in three categories.
Atmospheric carbon dioxide or water-soluble carbon dioxide reacts easily with Bi2O3 to form bismuth subcarbonate. Bismuth oxide is considered to be an alkaline oxide, which explains its high reactivity with carbon dioxide. However, when an acidic cation such as Si(IV) is introduced into the bismuth oxide structure, the reaction with carbon dioxide does not occur. Bismuth (III) oxide reacts with a concentrated mixture of sodium hydroxide and bromine or with a mixture of potassium hydroxide and bromine to form sodium bismuth or potassium bismuth, respectively. Feel free to send an inquiry to get the latest price if you would like to buy Bismuth Oxide Bi2O3 powder in bulk.
Performance of Bismuth Oxide Bi2O3 powder：
The pure products of bismuth trioxide have α type and β type. The α type is a yellow monoclinic crystal with a relative density of 8.9 and a melting point of 825 ℃. It is soluble in acid, insoluble in water and alkali. The β-type is a bright yellow to orange, cubic crystal system, relative density 8.55, melting point 860 ℃, soluble in acid, insoluble in water. It is easily reduced to metallic bismuth by hydrogen, hydrocarbons, etc.
Technical Parameter of Bismuth Oxide Bi2O3 powder：
How is Bismuth Oxide Bi2O3 powder produced?
1. Drop the sodium hydroxide solution without carbon dioxide into the bismuth nitrate solution (80 ~ 90 ℃) to make it mixed. During the precipitation process, the solution remains alkaline, and the white, bulky-expanding bismuth oxide hydrate Bi(OH)3 precipitates. The solution is heated, and after a short time of stirring, it dehydrates yellow bismuth trioxide. After water decanting washing, filtration and drying, bismuth oxide was prepared.
2. Add 1.5mol/L sodium hydroxide water solution without carbon dioxide to 0.1mol/L bismuth nitrate solution dissolved in 1mol/L nitric acid (at 80 ~ 90℃) in a nitrogen atmosphere to make them mixed. The solution remains alkaline during the precipitation process. Although the white and bulky-expanding bismuth oxide hydrate Bi(OH)3 precipitates, it dehydrates into light yellow bismuth trioxide after stirring in a hot solution for a while. The bismuth oxide was obtained by decanting and washing with water without air and carbon dioxide 15 times, then filtered and dried.
3. After the metal bismuth is loaded into the graphite crucible for melting, an arc is formed between the graphite electrode and the metal liquid surface under the flow of oxygen, and the metal is heated and oxidized. To ensure adequate oxygen supply, the crucible should be placed in a large container and continuously supplied with oxygen. The reaction temperature ranges from 750 ℃ to 800℃, and the purity of β-bismuth trioxide is more than 99.8%. After quenching the product in water or on a cold metal plate, the high-temperature phase β-type product is obtained.
4. Slowly add Bi(NO3)3·5H2O acidic solution (20g dissolved in 2mol/L HNO3) into excess sodium carbonate solution and stir vigorously.Bi2O3CO3 was precipitated, filtered, washed and dried.β-Bi2O3 was obtained by placing it in an aluminum boat and heating it in the air at 650K for about 1.5h
5. The basic bismuth nitrate is burned at 400 ~ 500℃, and the NO3- ion is removed about (3 ~ 4h) :
The finished product will turn lemon yellow after cooling.
6. Wash the surface of 16kg99.9% industrial bismuth with a small amount of dilute nitric acid, and then wash the surface with conductive water to remove nitric acid. Then add 1:1 high-purity nitric acid (35kg nitric acid with 1.42 RDH and 20L conductivity water), finish with 1, and continue the reaction for 10min after addition. The filtrate was heated to 65 ~ 70℃, evaporated and concentrated to a relative density of 1.9, cooled and crystallized, then dried to obtain bismuth nitrate. Use the bismuth nitrate obtained conductance water to dissolve a dilute solution, hydrolysis under stirring, let stand to make alkali type bismuth nitrate precipitation, precipitation with centrifuge dry or suction filter, and then use thermal conductivity water washing several times, the suction filter after drying, crushing, 7 ~ 8 h at 500 ℃ calcination, a bit cold after pulverization, burning 4 ~ 5 h again, after cooling for a quick high purity bismuth oxide by 99.99%.
Applications of Bismuth Oxide Bi2O3 powder:
Bismuth oxide is used to prepare bismuth salt.
Bismuth oxide is used as electronic ceramic powder material, electrolyte material, photoelectric material, high-temperature superconducting material, catalyst.
Bismuth oxide is an important additive in electronic ceramic powder materials, purity is generally required to be above 99.15%, the main application objects are zinc oxide varistors, ceramic capacitors, ferrite magnetic materials three categories; As well as glaze rubber complex, medicine, red glass complex and other aspects.
Storage Condition of Bismuth Oxide Bi2O3 powder：
Bismuth Oxide Bi2O3 powder should keep the container sealed and stored in a cool, dry place, and ensure that there is a good ventilation or exhaust device in the workplace.
Packing & Shipping of Tellurium Oxide TeO2 powder：
It is packed in double plastic bags inside, which can be filled with argon in a vacuum; it can be vacuumed and filled with argon for protection..
Bismuth Oxide Bi2O3 powder packing: vacuum packing, 100g, 500g or 1kg/bag, 25kg/barrel, or as your request.
Bismuth Oxide Bi2O3 powder shipping: could be shipped out by sea, by air, by express as soon as possible once payment receipt.
Bismuth Oxide Properties
|Other Names||bismuth trioxide, Bi2O3 powder|
|Appearance||Light Yellow Powder|
|Melting Point||817 °C|
|Boiling Point||1890 °C|
|Solubility in H2O||N/A|
Bismuth Oxide Health & Safety Information
15+ years of experience
Over $50+ million in sales
14+ years of experience
Over $50+ million in sales
About Metal Alloy High Purity Tungsten Crucibles:Chemical composition:…
About Metal Alloy Vacuum Coating Tungsten Melting Pot Tungsten Crucibles:Chemical composition:…